Monday, April 20, 2009

6 months & 17 days..

so instead of writing my history paper right now like i should be doing.. i went through my planner and counted how many days it's been since i've seen my parents last..
SIX MONTHS AND SEVENTEEN DAYS.. :O
i haven't seen them for more than half a year :( and i miss them alot..
..but then i became really happy because right after i counted how many days i HADN'T seen them.. i counted how many days until i DO see them.. which is 28 days :) for my brother's graduation. haha but then they're gonna be leaving again right after to continue their trip.. but stilllll, any amount i get to see them is gooood enough for me!

but basically, the reason i haven't seen my parents is because they're on a one year trip around the world! just for leisure.. just for fun! they planned it so that we rented out a house until the end of summer '08 and so when lease was over, they could leave for their trip. they booked a plane ticket for the weekend of my first week at college. so right after i got settled into my dorm, i spent one last weekend at home and then drove them to the airport.
ah sad sad day. i remember when we were driving to the airport, my mom and i started arguing to the point where i was so frustrated.. actually i don't remember why we started arguing.. it had something to do with luggage. but regardless, it was so trivial.. we were silent for the rest of the way there. but when we finally arrived at the airport and we were saying our goodbyes, we started apologizing to each other. i think i had finally grasped in my mind that this was going to be one of the last moments i see them until a veryvery long time and i didn't want to waste it. so we said our "i love you"s and "i'll miss you"s and that was the last time i saw them in person.

but i'm happy for them :) because they're living the dream! they're just traveling the world, seeing the landmarks, meeting new people, and just spending time with each other. i think my two hopes for them during their trip were.. to become happier and to just grow on a spiritual level with God. i feel like this trip has probably shown them how they are just be so blessed..

ahh!! anyway, i have to cut this blog short. haha need to work on my paperrr.. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment