Friday, October 30, 2009

focus & discernment

i. worry. too. much.
i. think. too. much.

it kinda consumes me. i think of different situations and how certain things would play out if i chose ONE way or if i chose ANOTHER way. what if some other unforseen circumstance occurred, how would i react? what would i do? where would i be in my life at that time? what if it wasn't what i wanted to happen? what would i do then? how could i somehow manipulate that to make it how i want it?

so exhausting!! i WORRY so much. and in all honesty, fear plays a big role in my worry. i allow all my fear and doubts overcome me and let opportunities pass me by. it inhibits me to act because i just sit around worrying and thinking.. worrying leaves me so unproductive!! i overanalyze and focus on the negative aspects of certain situations. i fear the worst. and nothing comes out of this fear and worry. worrying does not give me a single bit of resolve. it's fruitless.

but i go around thinking that i could do anything if i just put my mind and heart in it. if i just dedicate myself enough, if i just put enough time into it, if i just WANT it enough.. it could happen. but then.. sigh, not only do i need to realize that there are things i simply do not have control over but i also need to start looking beyond myself and become aware of things going beyond my circumstances. i need focus. i need to seek God in the midst of my life, in the midst of my circumstances, and look for what He's doing. i need to let go of my fear and let God rise. i need to put my full trust in Him.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8.

i need to become more aware of the God incidences in my life, pay more attention to my surroundings, and look for the messages He's supplying me. i need discernment. and lastly, i need to stop seeking worldly opinions because i will only obtain worldly answers.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27.

1 comment: